Thursday, September 30, 2010

Real Hip Decor: Cupcake Liner Pom Poms

So while we know Tissue Poms have been hot property in the land of party blogs for some time and while we have been taking orders for them left, right and centre since we began stocking them, we couldn't resist sharing this very clever adaption of these essential party pretty.

Heidi, from Made by Heidi: Sew. Craft. Create. has a guest post tutorial on How Does She? showing how to turn cupcake liners (papers, patty pans, baking cups - whatever baking language you speak) into these gorgeous frilly poms!

(Image from Made by Heidi: Sew. Craft. Create. via How Does She?)

Now I must say that I tried this and I have some tips to share:

1. Try the glue gun - I think it gives you a more precise glue spot than the craft glue I used.

2. Pay close attention to Step 4 - I missed this in my quick perusal of the instructions and it is difficult to do when the craft glue is wet (again maybe better with glue gun) but ensures that really full ruffled look.

3. I am going to try another one and use pins instead of glue - I think this would work as well and perhaps be a little quicker.

You can try your own by following the instructions here.

Adorable!

3 comments:

Nina Designs + Parties said...

What a cute blog! ANd love the tutorial!
Stop by my blog and enter the giveaway to win a Nina Designs print!
http://designsbynina.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

i did this but with a tree shape! (in my blog) love how it came out and these poms are too cute!

Bonnie- amour amour said...

Wow! These are amazing! I can't wait to try them out on the weekend!